Friday, May 05, 2006

Connected

I have now made a music video for "Connected" from The Last Session. The next in my ongoing project to create a video for every song from the show. This was the very first song I wrote for the show. Writing this song literally saved my life. When I wrote it, Jim noticed that I was sitting up stronger, breathing more easily and coming back to life. So, he began giving me "homework" -- writing assignments as a form of physical therapy.

Those writing assignments became a list of songs which became a musical. As I continue looking back 10 years, we will soon be reaching the time when the first workshop of The Last Session begins to come together just as I'm hitting rock bottom, physically. We both come t0 life together. The best part of the story is yet to come! Here's where it all started:

Connected
Click here to play the Quicktime version.

Here for the YouTube flash version.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes we should all be connected. I feel really blessed to be connected to you, your music, your story, my story and all our stories through this wonderful project. Oh yeah and those IV's are REALLY good to be connected to when you really need them. Thanks again Steve

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ you're good. My God Steve.

I love you.

Anthony said...

Thanks Steve. I think the world would be a much better place if we could all realize just how we really should be and are connected to each other.

Anonymous said...

Steve!!!
I love it.
Connected...yeah, baby!
Do you have RSS feeds to wordpress??
and the other video appears not to be loading...Save me a Seat.

Miss you
love you
linda

Steve Schalchlin said...

Linda, I don't have an RSS feed to Wordpress directly that I know of, but the Feedburner feed should be able to handle that. Try clicking on it and see what happens.

Steve Schalchlin said...

>> other video appears not to be loading...Save me a Seat.

Linda, thanks for bringing that to my attention. It seems they changed the URL on me, so I've fixed and have also provided a link to the YouTube version. Both links should work now.

Christine Bakke said...

oh, Steve. How amazing. Your music moves me deeply. And you have a talent for video too. Is there nothing you can't do? ha. Jim, I'm sure, could tell me some things. ;)

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Yes, the RSS feed works great!
Thanks!

Steve Schalchlin said...

Christine, thanks. I love doing video. I'm still in the learning phase, but I feel like I improve with each project. It's something I really and truly love. Linda, so glad the RSS feed worked.

Dogtags said...

I still love the "Potsie Story"... definately one of the best. :) OK, to do video, one would need a video camera... and software... Hmm...

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can truly feel your spirit come right through the screen as I raise my hand to touch your face. You are amazing. xo

Anonymous said...

Your music never gets old. Look forward to hearing your new ones. Also, your video skills are very impressive. Especially this time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Steve. That took me back to a wonderful time, a few years back, when I was your Dallas "Thermos Vicky." Such a moving, powerful, and beautiful piece.

Steve Schalchlin said...

Sara! How wonderful to hear from you. You were a terrific "Vicki."