Thursday, December 14, 2006

Busy Boys

I haven't updated this much because we've been running around like crazy trying to promote the shows, going to parties (with fliers in hand), and all that good stuff. But we have some terrific videos which I'll be editing over the next few days, including our visit to Al Hirschfeld's drawing studio, which was a particularly exciting thing for Jim.

We also went to a Dramatists Guild Holiday Party where we met Terence McNally who's coming to the show on Saturday! To a memorial service for Barnard Hughes where we had a long chat with the great stage actress Marian Seldes. Then we sat down to dinner the other night next to another great actress, Patricia Neal, where we told her we were going to tell everyone we had dinner with her. She was so great. She stuck out her hand and said, "Then we should touch!"

Yesterday, we went to a dance rehearsal with Marge Champion and Donald Saddler. Octogenarians, they are amazing as they dance together. Both have had legendary careers on the stage and on film.

And, of course, I ALWAYS have a pocket full of fliers!

4 comments:

Amy Lynn said...

I'm such an ass. I've told about a thousand people about dinner with Patricia Neal.

Steve Schalchlin said...

Amy was there! She was the witness!!

Amy Lynn said...

Excuse me, sir, can I see your Equity card?

Unknown said...

Steve my old friend! I teach Terrence McNally's "Andre's Mother" in all of my lit courses. You get to schmoozel with the coolest people! What a lucky positoid you are ...

we love you! Tracey & Josh