Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Asleepment

Jim and I have been trying to catch all the Oscar nominated Best Movies lately just so we can know the score on everything. Yesterday, we went to something called "Atonement."

Gah. Arrrgh.

I know Oscar loves these long, dreary, tear-soaked British movies, but I have never been so bored in all my life watching these two colorless, drab people stare at each other from across the room for endless hours.

Finally, after about 45 minutes, with both of us shifting, coughing, eye-rolling and sighing loudly, I whispered to him, "I hate this."

He took a few minutes and said, "I hate it, too. Wanna leave?"

And we did. I was never so happy to get out of a theater in my life. What kind of people like this crap?

BTW, if you look at the poster above, you'll have seen the entire movie. That's literally all that happens.

5 comments:

Amy Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

Thanks Steve. We are trying also to catch up on the movies we've missed before Sunday. OMG! You saved us from that one. Monica and I have been to these snore fests where we finally look at each other and whisper "help". Glad you guys got out of there. Thanks again.

Steve Schalchlin said...

I keep reading all the positive reviews for this movie and I cannot figure out what movie they've seen. I think what happened, reading between the lines, is that they read the book and imposed the book upon the movie. But there is simply NOTHING THERE. Vacant people staring off at the horizon or just staring at each other. God, what a snoozefest this lousy piece of crap is.

Amy Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I sat thru most of this movie thinking the same thing-What the heck do people see in this film. But I gave it a chance and it got better. The last scene with V. Redgrave made it all worthwhile.