Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New World Waking! update.

As December 1st approaches, I'm getting more and more excited about the plans that the SF Gay Men's Chorus has for this 30th Anniversary concert. And that it happens just a few days after the anniversary of the martyred Harvey Milk makes it all that much more of an honor for me. I take none of this for granted.

First of all, I'm going to be flying up to San Francisco at the end of October to attend a rehearsal. It will be my first time to hear these songs with the full chorus. What they want me to do is to talk about where each of the songs comes from. (If I were in the chorus, I'd be all, "Shut that idiot up and let us sing!")

Second of all, and not least, legendary actress Piper Laurie is going to be a special guest that night. She doesn't sing, but she wants to be a part of the 30th anniversary -- and she's always been very supportive of my music. So, happy, happy!

That weekend, I'm also going to attending the Ensembles Concert called "In The Mood." These are groups within the larger chorus that go out and do their own concerts. I have heard them before and they are fantastic. So, this will be fun. If you're in San Francisco, I urge you to attend "In The Mood" with me. Get tickets here.

In the Mood - The Ensembles Concert
Brava Theater Center, 2781 24th Street, San Francisco
Friday, October 24, 2008 – 8 pm
Saturday October 25, 2008 – 2 pm & 8 pm
And there's more news to come!!

No comments: