Monday, October 27, 2008

Tonight's the Night.

Tonight I hear the full chorus in rehearsal. They may as well bring a mop because I'm gonna be totally lost in a puddle of tears.

On Saturday I attended callback auditions for the solos. During "Gabi's Song," they had all the people there, about a dozen or so, sing the back-up harmonies -- again, my first time to hear them. And I had tears streaming down my face.

I tried to explain it to Jim later. I said to him, "It's one thing to do your own demo or recording of a song. No matter how much you try to distance yourself from the song, it's still just, in your mind, dumb ol' you."

But when a chorus of people are standing in front of you singing what you only theorized -- and when it sounds so much greater than even you imagined in your head -- then it means something else entirely is going on.

Or to put it more succinctly, I leaned over to Kathleen and said, "Wow. This sounds like a real SONG!"

I'll have more soon. All I know is that if this is how I react to a dozen singers, what am I gonna be like hearing a couple of hundred??

No comments: