Monday, June 08, 2009

I'm Singing a New Song Tonight at Kulak's.

At the open mic tonight, which is broadcast live over the Internet, beginning 10:30 EST, 7:30PST, I'll be singing a new song called "He's Coming Back." I wrote with Avril Roy-Smith from our Wednesday night workshop. It's about the soldier son she just sent back to Iraq.

I don't know when I'm scheduled. We choose out of a hat at the beginning of the night, and then go for two and a half hours. Like any open mic, the talent can be sometimes great, sometimes weak. But there's always someone new and interesting to listen to.

And many of the regulars at the Woodshed are quite accomplished. Me, I love talent, new or old. In style or out. I love watching a young person find his or her own voice. I love watching an old guy or gal find his or her own voice.

And, as usual, I'll be on camera three.

1 comment:

Chris said...

this sounds like a lot of fun!