Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Rescue" Live at Kulak's Woodshed

This is the new song I've been telling you about. It's called, for now, "Rescue."

(NEW: Download the sheet music!)

It's dedicated to The Pepper Foundation, which is run by my friend and fellow songwriter, Julie Chadwick. What I like about this song, apart from the song itself, I mean, is that it was a group project. Val, Avril, Bo and I were given a room and a piano.

Remembering that Animal Night at Kulak's was three days away, we decided to write a song to be played that night. Since The Pepper Foundation is a rescue group, we decided on the theme of "rescue." I think what we ended up with is very tender and real.

This performance below is actually my third time to sing it for an audience. It was my first time to sing it by heart -- and my first time to play it without any mistakes on the piano.

And here's to doggies everywhere.

3 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

Needless to say, I loved this video!

Ernie said...

Wow - the song works - when I first heard it (your 1st recording) I almost called Sonny von Bulow to borrow some insulin. But it really is a good and the vid is a excellent.

Devin Richards said...

BEEE YOOO TEEE FULLL
Love this song. Gonna sing it!
My way of course.
My dog was so that for me when I got him!
Now he's tops in the country! :)

Love the video as well. Brings a little tear!