Saturday, October 10, 2009

Todd Rundgren & Daryl Hall Kick Ass

If you haven't already discovered "Live from Daryl's House," you're missing a great treat. The premise is that Daryl Hall would invite great singers and musicians over to his house and then record the session.

The newest episode is with Todd Rundgren, and I'm in blue-eyed Philly soul heaven. Take a taste of "Expressway to your Heart," originally by the Soul Survivors. (The individual songs are available via links on the page). Also, Rundgren's "Sweet" is pure bliss, as is Daryl's vocals, and the band's kick-ass performance of "Why Can't We Be Friends."

I guess I live with my head in a basket, but I never realized how much Philly Soul is in Rundgren's music. You can really feel it, though, when he and Daryl start trading licks. It's like they're two halves of a whole. It's spooky and spectacular.

Great music. Put on your head phones or crank up the volume. This rocks.

1 comment:

LVCI said...

Great Tip!
Thanks

With more & more "REAL PEOPLE" available on the internet 'Mainstream' has become not so "Mainstream" for me.