Saturday, February 16, 2013

Review of "Out of the Silence."



From the Seattle Gay News:
'Out of the Silence is an exhibit celebrating Diversity, Love & Understanding.' What it does is set up a visual feast of thoughtful, inspiring, and provocative quotes that represent some of the many voices standing up to bullying. And the proceeds go to Pizza Klatch, an Olympia organization whose goal is to reduce the rate of suicide (and attempted suicide) among LGBTQ students.
This is the calligraphic exhibit I told you about earlier, which was created by Sally Penley, who told me she was inspired by my concert in Olympia. They even mention me in the article!
It was in January 2012 that Penley attended a PFLAG (Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) sponsored event in Olympia. When a New York songwriter began performing a song about his own experiences, Penley was so moved that she decided to figure out a way to help the fight against LGBTQ youth-bashing and suicide.
That's me! The "New York songwriter!"

Thanks, Sally, for making art out of my lyrics and for allowing yourself to be inspired.

No comments: